Monday 22 October 2012

The Little Things ...

Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. 
Lao Tzu

I can blog about many things. Things that are now trending on twitter. I can discuss about the Presidential Debate happening over in america. I can give you My analytical predictions as to who will win it. I can discuss about the Doping charges on Lance Armstrong and how all the companies that were backing him up are now slowly with-drawing their support. I can even make the people aware that this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month or I can even dedicate this blog to one of the greatest film-makers of bollywood Yash Chopra who passed away just recently. I can do all those things. But I choose not too. For in this blog, I choose to focus not on the big things that make the headlines but on The Little Things that affect our day-to-day lives ...


I am 28 years old. I know I am not that old to call Myself mature but neither am I that young to call Myself a kid. But for many years now, I have always been related to as 'The Kid'. Whether it was My relatives, My friends or My girlfriends, all of them always saw Me as a kid. Even though at that point of time it was ok to be tag lined as the kid, after a while it became a nuisance because no one would take Me seriously. For years and years I struggled with this onslaught ... until now. Just a few days back, I resumed My Mma Classes since I was Filming abroad and didn't get the time to train. When I got to the class, I saw all new faces. Boys, I never met before. But the more I spent time with them, I realised these boys were actually boys from the age group of 17 to 21! And all they were doing, were talking about girls and which girl winked at which guy and who is dating who. And our trainer yelled at them saying that Train More and Talk Less! I actually liked their company because I saw Myself in them when I was their age and for the very 1st time in My life I felt old! Even typing these words down, I am smiling because after all these years, I actually feel I am an adult and these boys look up to Me! So you see, the one thing that I craved for came to Me when I least expected it too ... :-)


My youngest brother Namashi has just recently started his Acting Classes. He goes everyday in the morning and comes back in the evening. I have beautiful memories of My childhood. And especially the ones I shared with My two Brothers and My Sister. Today, all of them have grown up and being the elder brother it feels beautiful to see your siblings doing the things you thought they would one day. I guess all the 'firsts' of the families will be able to relate to Me in this matter. Whenever I see My bros and sis hang around with their friends I smile because I know they have grown up and they are wise enough to take their own decisions and spend time with people other than Me. Although, it is a little sad for Me to realise this, I am more happier looking at them the way they are today and whenever I have doubts and those dark days, My bros and sis always manage to make Me smile. And that is what happened recently. Namashi was about to leave for his class when he suddenly called Me from My room and asked Me to help him out. When I asked him what it was, he told Me, please tie My shoe laces. That request actually made Me smile because My baby brother wanted Me to help him out. I felt very happy tying his shoe laces and as I did, I captured that moment and made it a beautiful memory because not everyday does the eldest brother get such a sweet request from his baby bro ... :-)


There are many things in life right now that I can be happy about but the one thing that really gives Me happiness is My Work. People often tell Me, "Mahaakshay, don't talk about your work. Don't share your happiness with people. People are very jealous and narrow-minded. They can't see others happy so they curse you and pray that your happiness goes away." I don't believe in that crap. I believe, happiness should be shared. We do all the things that we do because in the end, we want to feel happy and contented. And if you smile to the world, the world will smile back at you. It's as simple as that. Happiness comes to us in many forms. My ultimate form of happiness is My Work. I love Working. It gives Me the greatest high! When I work, nothing else matters and whenever I put My Make-Up on, I feel alive! I maybe playing different characters everyday but underneath the seriousness of all of that, I am smiling! I am smiling all the time because I am doing the one thing that I know I was born to do! In all of My living years, I have realised that life happens to us when we are busy making other plans. Sometimes, all we have to do is look where we stopped looking ... :-)


I'm not saying that My life is full of roses. Nope. Not at all. In fact, there are more thorns than roses here. But sometimes, I really feel like enjoying the little things. Even if it is for a second, I take out time and I smile because I know that this moment won't ever come back again. Sure, we all have our own shit to deal with. A friend who hurt you. The girlfriend who doesn't understand. The work you want is taking time to come. Your dues not getting paid. Dreams yet to be fulfilled. Yes, we all have our problems. But sometimes, even god wants his break you know. And sometimes, the best way to beat stress is to see the good in it. Being Grateful shouldn't be a daily duty but it should be a habit! So before I go all I can say is, for your own good, for that smile which aches to be seen, for that happiness which lingers in your heart, for that love which waits to glow, give them all that passage and spread the happiness 'cause you never know when you will realise that you are 28 too and you are no longer a kid but the man everyone looks up too ... :-)

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and I Enjoy The Little Things ... :-)

With All My Might,
Your No.1 Fan,
Mahaakshay Chakraborty.

1 comment:

  1. love you bro. What you wrote just passed through my heart. You are so like a boy, so like me, so like a human being.
    Genuinly wishing all the best for what u love to do. keep writing. U r good at it.
    Regards shivank

    ReplyDelete