Sunday 20 November 2011

We Are Who We Are ...

Hello again My Friends. Hope all is well with you guys. Me? I am doing great Myself too. ENEMMY is about to begin. So I am pretty excited! Will surely keep you posted on that. We just finished Shooting the Climax of TUKKAA FITT and now, we only have some Scenes and 2 Songs remaining. Can't believe we finished it so fast! The Climax was a lot of fun as the entire Star Cast was there in it! It was a pleasure working and interacting with Mukesh Tiwari! That man is so educated! And I had a gala time Shooting with Mukul Dev too. You have to see his Mimicry. He is too good in that! And also, the surprise packet was Vaisahli Desai! You will get to see her kick some villain butts too! And heard Gadafi's Son got found. Guess the wicked can't hide much now. Can they? And now, the Blog ... :-)

WE ARE WHO WE ARE. Well, you music fans must be thinking I will start writing down Kesha's Lyrics here. But no. Although I love that Song and have danced on it several times, this Blog isn't about that Song. But it is, about You, Me and US. I have done a course on Behavioral Psychology and so, I tend to absorb people a lot through default. And in our Movie Industry, you get to work with over a hundred people a day! And as I have absorbed, we humans are truly unique 'cause even though we may have many traits in common, there is always that 'something' which makes us different from the rest. :-)

I have also absorbed Myself, along the course of My entire existence and only lately have I come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try to change, I will always be who I am. That, My origins will never change. That underneath all the rules and regulations and responsibilities and the norms of society, I will always be who I am. But the question is who am I? Who are you? Well, that My friends, is a path we have to take ourselves. No teacher, no friend or family can tell you who you really are. Except your soul or your conscious. Your inner voice, you know, the one which keeps on talking to you, the one which keeps on telling you to do the right thing, even though it must be the toughest thing to do, that is Who You Really Are! :-)

I always thought that I was mis-treated by My friends in school. That I was always the fat kid. That I always was the odd one out, that I would always be alone and because people made Me feel that way, I tried to change Myself. Whether it was My looks, My dressing style or even the way I talked. At first, it worked. It earned Me a lot of love and respect and attention. I got a lot friends and even women started giving Me attention. And I also liked it. I thought, "Hey, this really works. I was such a loser back in the day!" But as the moments passed, I started to feel more and more emptier. I started to feel unreal. I started to feel like someone else entirely. And then one day, when I saw Myself in the mirror, I couldn't recognize Myself. The man who I saw wasn't Me. But a person who had lost His true beliefs. Who had lost his morals and virtues. That is the day I realized who I truly was. And then suddenly, I became quiet.

I went back to My old self, to My true self. And as that happened, I saw all My friends disappear one by one. People started ignoring Me and they also stopped calling Me to their gatherings. This of course gave Me a lot of pain but in the same time showed Me the truth. It showed Me who My friends were and more importantly, who I truly was. Even though I felt that gap of knowing to not knowing people, underneath Me, I felt at peace. Something in Me was in harmony with Me. Something in Me was happy. :-)

Today, touchwood, I am one of the happiest guys alive! I have everything that I have asked for and each day only gets better. And this is only because I accepted who I was. I must admit, at first, it is very scary to know the truth. But the truth sets you free and then, all you have is peace. Try it. We all deserve to be true to ourselves. You can lie to all the 7 billion people in the planet but you can't lie to yourself. No matter how much you try. You may not be perfect. Hell! I know I am not perfect! There are more minuses in Me than pluses but at least I am free. At least I know who I truly am! Take this from Me, society will try to change you, will tell you, mostly all the time that you are wrong and that what you do is wrong. But society doesn't make you or break you. It is YOU who defines Yourself!

Don't be afraid to be who you are. The ones who truly love you will love you, no matter how you are. They will always be with you because they saw the Real You. Finding yourself is a tough task, I know. The Path is filled with Darkness and sometimes, you have to fight your own demons to get to salvation. But don't be afraid of the Darkness because only in the Darkness Can You See The Light. I am who I am. And every moment I am proud to Be! The question is ... Are You? :-)

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and this is My Story. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Bro,All the best for ENEMMY,saw itz article and video in INDIAFM.com.
    Your headline this week is marvelous..But sometimes or rather many a times wee tend to not myself in our professsional lives ,we are forced to behave differently.Nevertheless itz fact we shuld always try to be the way we really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be as you are, you are truly special :-) all the best for Enemy. Bless!

    ReplyDelete