Sunday 26 February 2012

Boyz To Men ...

For the record, I have not heard even one song from the Musical Band Boyz 2 Men but given the way My thoughts are right now, I had to use their name as My Title for this week. Although, I was thinking of "I'm Not A Boy, Not Yet A Man", I thought it would be a complete rip-off of the britney spears song and that is something that I didn't wanted to do. I just heard that Nelson Mandela just got released from the hospital and that he is ok. That is a relief. Mr.Mandela has been one of the greatest men in history and I think that this week's Eye-Catching News section has to be given to Him! This week's Shout-Out Feature goes to the Sport MMA! I know I have said this many-a-times before and I don't mind saying it again. For a while in between, I wasn't able to go for My MMA Classes but this Friday when I was there, oh trust Me! I felt the Animal in Me rise again! Speaking of which, I had My 1st Boys Night Out on Friday too and trust Me, it was one of those, you-live-for-this-kind-of-moments for Me! :-)

And now ... We Begin ... :-)

I am born on the 30th of July 1984. That makes Me at this moment, 27 1/2 Years old. For some, I may be a Senior who they look up to. For some, I may be still a kid. But if you ask Me, I am a Boy, becoming a Man. We all go through that phases. In fact, we go through many phases in our lives. So I think some of you out there will be able to catch My drift here and have a connect with these words. I know right now I am in a transition phase. A phase where I am analyzing and realizing many a things. I am seeking answers to questions I thought I could never ask. I am going to places that I thought I could had never gone too and I am doing things that I thought I didn't have the balls to do. So yes, if you ask Me, I am happy where I am because now, I am becoming more and more aware of everything. I guess for Me, that is one of the billion steps that I will take to finally become a Man. I am not saying that I am super smart or that I am not childish anymore. I know that there are still many traits in Me which make Me a kid. But you know what? Back in the day, I wasn't aware of all those things. But today I am. :-)

I am not saying that I will not mistakes. Of course I will. I will still make stupid mistakes. I will still hurt people, unintentionally or intentionally. I will still be selfish and put Myself and My feelings first. But now, I am in that Phase where I know that I have to take charge. You know, Be Man enough and take whatever comes My way, instead of crying in My room like a little boy, which I have done in the past.  Today, I am the Managing Director of all our Properties. Today, I am in charge of all the Business Transactions My Family does. Today My Voice is valid in the Board of Directors meetings. That really makes Me feel very proud of Myself and sometimes, these things, also make Me feel like a Man! :-)

Boys don't become Men because they know how to catch the sword. They become men because they learn how to use it in battle. I am coming to understand that it is not easy being a Man because being a Man, taking responsibilities is not like Day Care. You gotto take the Hits as much as you like the Kisses. Trust Me, being a Man is not Child's Play! :-) But I am still here because I know that the Clock is ticking. I know that Time won't wait for Me. Fate is giving Me all this to handle now because it knows I can take it. And to be honest, some where, deep down inside of Me, I want it Myself. I am not saying that I am going to be this great Messiah or even think that I am better than the others who are going through what I am going through because of My self-awareness. No. Not at all. I am just telling you My version of the Story.

Before I conclude, all I can say is that I am on the crossroads of Life. And I am still scared. I don't know which Direction I should go. But I do know this that, that Kid in Me who is so petrified to take the Hits, has a Man with Him too, who is Strong enough to stand tall! Maybe a few years down the line, I will tell you how much of a Man I have become but for now, I am happy being this 'transition guy' because I have something I thought I never did ... My Awareness. The question is, are you aware too?

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and this is My Story.

2 comments:

  1. keep the kid alive in you always and be a man too :-)
    Am sure it's going to be a super fun ride with ups and downs...failures and success coming your way but I think you know how to take it with stride and emerge as a winner! God bless...cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-)))))))))) its indeed a adventerous transition as u said u get aware of lot of stuff and your responsibilities changes , the way u look at things change

    ReplyDelete